We have designed our STORM appliances, so that they can be installed by both IT support staff or staff members within your organisation who have limited technical knowledge.
When you receive one of our STORM Node appliances, the following items will be inside the case:
- 1 x STORM Node Device
- 2 x USB Decryption Keys
- 1 x Power Supply
- 1 x Mains Power Cable
- 1 x HDMI Cable
- 1 x Network Cable
- 1 x Customer Guide
- 1 x Decryption Key Return Envelope
- 1 x Returns Label
- 1 x Return Security Seal
- 1 x Contents Checklist
All STORM transit cases are fitted with a tamper-proof security seal through the padlock hole. The number on this security seal should be checked with your contact at SecureTeam to verify that the case contents or STORM appliance have not been tampered with during the shipping process.
Please check all case contents against the Contents Checklist when the STORM appliance is first delivered to you and notify SecureTeam immediately of any items that are missing. All items provided in the case MUST be returned at the end of the project and any items which are lost or damaged will be chargeable at cost.
Device Installation Process
The following steps should be followed to install one of our STORM appliances on your network:
- Before starting the installation of the STORM appliance, ensure that all prerequisites detailed in the previous section are in place.
- Connect the Mains Power Cable to the mains inlet on the Power Supply and plug the Mains Power Cable for the Power Supply into a mains power source.
- Connect the Power Supply to the power connector on the back of the STORM appliance.
- Connect a network cable between the Ethernet connection on the back of the STORM appliance and the network connection on the network that is to be tested. Depending on the network architecture of the organisation, this may be a wall or floor port or could be a direct connection to one of the organisation’s network switches or firewall / router.
- Insert one of the USB Decryption Keys into a spare USB port on the STORM appliance.
- Press the power button on the front of the device. The power light should illuminate to show the device has powered up.
At this point, you need to contact SecureTeam to let us know you’ve installed the STORM appliance. One of our technical support team will be able to verify that the device has successfully connected back to our environment and will conduct a series of post-installation checks.
Once SecureTeam has confirmed that the installation process is complete, you MUST remove the USB Decryption Key from the device and store both USB Decryption Keys that were supplied with the device in a secure location. This is to ensure that the device cannot be decrypted if it is stolen from your organisation by an attacker.
If the STORM appliance needs to be rebooted for any reason, the USB Decryption Key will need to be re-inserted; however, one of our team will contact you if this needs to be done.