To help support our sustained growth, SecureTeam are currently on the lookout for an experienced cybersecurity consultant to join our penetration testing team.
We are a relatively small cybersecurity practice (based on the south coast of England), that genuinely strives to put our staff before profits. We pride ourselves in cultivating a friendly work environment, where we share knowledge and invest in our staff with training and development.
As a company, we deliver a wide range of penetration testing services for both public and private sectors. From the standard network and application-level pen tests, through to hardware testing, bespoke RF assessments & reverse engineering. This certainly isn’t the job where you’ll be on endless IT Health Checks…
To the right candidate, you’ll be joining our team at a senior level, delivering a wide range of security testing to our clients and mentoring our junior testers. This is an exciting opportunity to be truly valued as a consultant, as you help shape the way we do things and provide excellent consultancy services to our customers and partners. If you’re tired of working for one of the bigger consultancy practices, where you’re treated like just another worker bee on the testing & reporting production line – this is the role for you !
The role will be part office-based and part home-based. With our offices being based in the south of England, it would be beneficial for you to be based somewhere south of London. We’re about 10 minutes from the beach if that helps persuade you 🙂
Successful candidates for this role will have the following :
- Current CREST CRT or CCT (Infrastructure or Application) certification with at least 3 years experience at this level
- Excellent understanding of Windows, UNIX and OSX operating systems
- Excellent written English skills
- Able to communicate with customers and stakeholders on all levels – from developers and systems administrators through to less-technical senior board members
- Must currently hold or be able to obtain UK Government SC clearance
- Experienced team leader with the ability and willingness to mentor junior consultants
- Good time management with the ability to manage testing engagements between our testing team, contractors and the end customer
At a technical level, you will need to have solid experience in the following areas:
- Network Penetration Testing
- Web Application Testing
- Microsoft Azure & Amazon AWS environments
- Mobile Application Testing
- Desktop Application Testing
- Wireless Penetration Testing
- Server Build Reviews
- Cyber Essentials Plus Assessments
Experience in any of the following areas is also highly beneficial in being selected for this role:
- Hardware Testing / Electronic Engineering
- Operational Technology (OT) / SCADA
- Reverse Engineering & Exploit Development
- Static Application Security Testing (SAST)
- Red Team Assessments
- Micro-Services Architecture (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
Successful candidates to this role will attract the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 50/50 split between office and homeworking
- Lead introduction bonuses
- Profit share scheme (after the first 12 months of employment)
- Company pension
- Holiday entitlement that increases with employment duration
- Top-spec Dell XPS laptop
- Access to industry-leading tools (such as Core Impact, Nessus, Burp etc)
- Regular team building
- The best locally roasted, micro-lot coffee you’ve ever tasted in any pen test office !
- Free soft drinks in the office !
- Awesome colleagues !